COVID-19 epidemic made it normal, online classes and live streaming has become a part of every student’s routine, earlier parents were denied mobile access to the students but now online learning tends to increase the usage of mobile phones, laptops, and other devices among young children, not like the teachers and staff, students are using online platforms carelessly.
At the same time, the proliferation of digital devices enhances the quality of education from textbook materials to live to stream. Students and teachers can go live and get accurate information from authors, writers, scientists, explorers by subject. This helps the students getting real-time experience with real people. As you know, the education system has turned to the application level and virtual platforms help to hike-up its growth.
Students are using social media platforms or online applications for Webinars, educational events, group discussions, group tasks, and group messaging, carelessness and wrong data handling will directly affect the prestige of your educational institution or adversely affect the students’ dignity if things go wrong, teachers and authorities should educate students to make them aware about what is data security? And how to reduce digital data security risks? .Children have been the prey of Hacktivist or bad actors in the dark-web.
How to reduce risks?
- Help the children to categorize and avoid using apps at higher risk.
- Boost confidence among students in live-streaming and educate them on digital data breaches.
- Educate students to acquire digital literacy from trusted sources only.
- Give awareness on the right to privacy and the importance of online privacy.
- Publish a list of authorized sites for research and learn.
- Make sure online classes are taken via data protected and technologically advanced applications.
How to prevent cyber bullying in educational institutions
The growth rate of cyber bullying in educational institutions shows that pupil is at risk. Online education patterns and usage of social media to connect pupils are excellent but the problem is how data and opinions are shared. Different types of people with different cultures are connected via social media and other online applications with the purpose of group discussions and other activities; it is the responsibility of teachers and the authorities to maintain a system for reporting issues and finding remedies. Cyber bullying becomes so common because the pupil is behind their laptops or mobile phones are considering it is an advantage to say anything to anyone evens, they wouldn’t say in person. Hide behind devices and bullying co-workers or classmates intentionally or without even realizing what they are talking about.
Increased use of the internet will make the children addicted to mobile phones and other digital platforms that will adversely affect them and raising the chances of internet misuse.
Safeguarding digital footprints
Digital footprints are left when you using online platforms and applications for online classes, discussions, chat rooms, forums, emails, video sessions, and webinars.
Most of the applications come with the best privacy and security settings even though once the information sends or posted on the internet, the pupil is no longer in control of it, it will be stored in the server for multiple purposes, and chances are there to lose the information and confidential digital data stored in laptops, mobile phones, tablets or other devices.
To avoid cyber bullying:
- Track yourself online and if you find something wrong change it.
- Always check and enable privacy settings before sharing information on websites and apps.
- Do not post pictures or information that is vulnerable.
- If you are no longer using the application it’s good to delete or deactivate your profile.
- Keep a positive digital footprint.
- Use the best and highly secure application for interaction, education, remote working of the educational institution because the existence of the system is based on its reputation.
Dooth vault is a brand-new approach to data security in a completely integrated online platform for collaboration.